Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance relies on fundraising and donations to keep flying. It is with thanks to the people who support the Charity that we can continue to provide such an important service.
There are so many different ways that you can help us. For those of you with a busy lifestyle, we have initiatives already in place that are easy to implement. For those with more time available, there are plenty of alternatives.
Our Fundraising Pack gives you important information and some great ideas on the best ways to fundraise. You can view it or download it HERE or by clicking the image on the right.
Below is also a list of some of the ways to get involved. By clicking the links, you will get more detailed information on the topic. Oh, and don't forget to tell us what you are doing. Our team are on hand to lend guidance and support. Simply call us on: 01823 669604 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a secure single or regular donation
Join our “Flight for Life” Lottery
Organise an Event
Become a Volunteer
Leave a gift in your Will
Recycle (textiles, mobile phones, used stamps, ink cartridges)
Business Partnerships / Workplace fundraising
We know that when you make a donation, you will want to know that the Charity is committed to best practice and that we are dedicated to honesty and accountability. Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance is proud to be registered with the Fundraising Regulator, an independent body who set and maintain the standards for charitable fundraising.
The role of the Fundraising Regulator is as follows:
- To set and promote the standards for fundraising practice (‘the code’ and associated rulebooks) in consultation with the public, fundraising stakeholders and legislators.
- To investigate cases where fundraising practices have led to significant public concern.
- To adjudicate complaints from the public about fundraising practice, where these cannot be resolved by the charities themselves.
- To operate a fundraising preference service to enable individuals to manage their contact with charities.
- Where poor fundraising practice is judged to have taken place, recommend best practice guidance and take proportionate remedial action.
We promise to be honest, fair and open about our fundraising with you, our supporters.
To make a complaint call: 01823 669604 or email: email@example.com For more information about the Fundraising Regulator, and what our registration means in practice, please see the Fundraising Regulator website.